First Day back is September 3rd!
September newsletter is posted! Look under the Documents tab above.
For our menu.... click HERE
Update From Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
The 2015-16 school year marks the start of many new and exciting changes in classrooms across the province as a result of Nova Scotia's Action plan for Education introduced in January. Some highlights this year include:
* a streamlined and innovative curriculum with a stronger focus on teaching math and literacy for primary to grade 3 students.
* new homework standards to support and enhance student learning at every grade level.
* more hands on learning activities for students to develop their technology skills, including Brilliant Labs and,
* more math mentors working with teachers to support higher student achievement.
* a new career education framework for grades 4-12.
* core French programs that use interactive and conversational teaching methods.
* a new growth and development guide for families with four-year olds to encourage early learning.
For more details on changes coming in 2015-16 visit ednet.ns.ca. Follow the Dept. Of Ed. and Early Childhood Development on twitter @NSEducation.
School Calender... click here
Bullying and Cyberbullying What We Need to Know; A Reference Guide For Parents and Guardians
The reference guide may be accessed at the following link: http://antibullying.novascotia.ca/resources.